Rawlinson sweats on back injury ahead of world defence
Sydney: Jana Rawlinson`s defence of her 400 metres hurdles world title has been cast in doubt after the Australian was diagnosed with a bulging disc in her back, local media reported.
Rawlinson, who recently returned to competition after a toe injury sidelined her for a year, had pulled out of this weekend`s London Grand Prix meeting, a leading news agency said.
"We`ll see what happens in the next few days," her coach Craig Hilliard told reporters.
"If she`s back running pain-free and it does settle down then we`ll look at forging ahead... But if it`s still hanging around then time is starting to impinge."
The Berlin world championships start on Aug. 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player