Rawlinson sweats on back injury ahead of world defence
Sydney: Jana Rawlinson`s defence of her 400 metres hurdles world title has been cast in doubt after the Australian was diagnosed with a bulging disc in her back, local media reported.
Rawlinson, who recently returned to competition after a toe injury sidelined her for a year, had pulled out of this weekend`s London Grand Prix meeting, a leading news agency said.
"We`ll see what happens in the next few days," her coach Craig Hilliard told reporters.
"If she`s back running pain-free and it does settle down then we`ll look at forging ahead... But if it`s still hanging around then time is starting to impinge."
The Berlin world championships start on Aug. 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued