Rawlinson sweats on back injury ahead of world defence
Sydney: Jana Rawlinson`s defence of her 400 metres hurdles world title has been cast in doubt after the Australian was diagnosed with a bulging disc in her back, local media reported.
Rawlinson, who recently returned to competition after a toe injury sidelined her for a year, had pulled out of this weekend`s London Grand Prix meeting, a leading news agency said.
"We`ll see what happens in the next few days," her coach Craig Hilliard told reporters.
"If she`s back running pain-free and it does settle down then we`ll look at forging ahead... But if it`s still hanging around then time is starting to impinge."
The Berlin world championships start on Aug. 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan