RBI could have reduced key rates: India Inc
New Delhi: Describing the RBI`s credit
policy review as maintenance of status-quo, India Inc on Tuesday
said reduction in policy rates at this stage would have helped
in boosting economic growth.
"There are signs of revival in business confidence and
some reduction in policy rates at this stage would have helped
to provide fillip to corporate investment and thereby boosting
economic growth," Ficci President Harsh Pati Singhania said.
The RBI in its credit policy has kept unchanged all the
key policy rates and ratios like bank rate, repo and reverse
repo rates and cash reserve ratio.
PHD chamber President Satish Bagrodia also held similar
views, "RBI could have considered reducing the repo rate to
4.5 per cent and reverse repo rate to 3 per cent to facilitate
reduction in lending rates by banks."
While, Ficci said the projected growth rate for the
current fiscal should have been in the range of 6-6.5 percent. The RBI has forecast a growth rate of 6 per cent with upward bias.
CII Director General C Banerjee said that GDP growth is
likely to exceed the RBI`s expectation of six per cent in the
current fiscal. "In fact the economy could grow at around 7
per cent, as the fiscal and monetary measures have impact on
domestic demand," he said.
Commenting on the central bank`s policy Assocham
President Sajjan Jindal expressed hope that the RBI would
continue to follow accommodative monetary policy to ensure
sufficient credit flow to the industry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!