‘RBI to maintain accommodative policy stance’
New Delhi: Reserve Bank will continue with
the dovish monetary policy stance till demand picks up in the
economy, said RBI Deputy Governor K C Chakarabarty.
Quoting RBI Governor D Subbarao, the Deputy Governor
said, "The Reserve Bank will maintain an accommodative stance
until demand conditions improve and credit flow takes hold,
but reversing the expansionary policies is definitely on the
agenda on the way forward."
This is quite logical and reasonable, Chakrabarty said,
adding, "We are not very clear whether recovery is complete or
Speaking about the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
sector, the Deputy Governor said, current environment for SME
is very good because everybody is looking at the local market.
"SME has a very great opportunity and they must seize the
opportunity then only we will be able to go back to 8 per cent
growth," he said after inaugurating SME Forum here yesterday.
Expressing satisfaction over loan disbursal to the
sector, he said, enough credit flow has taken place in the
last 2-3 years.
Asked if RBI could further extend the timeframe for debt
restructuring, the Deputy Governor said global crisis came all
of a sudden.
Some industry, therefore, require support like NPA
rehabilitation and the scheme continued till March 2009, he
said, adding, things have improved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared