RBI will review monetary policy if inflation persists
Kolkata: The Reserve Bank will review its
monetary stance if inflationary pressure continues, Governor D
Subbarao said on Wednesday.
"If inflationary pressure persists for a long time
it can fuel inflationary expectations and monetary policy
will have to take a nuanced view on this," Rao told reporters.
Admitting to a dilemma over price rise, he said,
"Wholesale price index is quite modest, while consumer price
index is quite high. Food inflation is 17.5 percent and
there is dilemma in managing the current situation," Subbarao
said after meeting Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
"The food price inflation engenders inflationary
expectations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug