RBI will review monetary policy if inflation persists
Kolkata: The Reserve Bank will review its
monetary stance if inflationary pressure continues, Governor D
Subbarao said on Wednesday.
"If inflationary pressure persists for a long time
it can fuel inflationary expectations and monetary policy
will have to take a nuanced view on this," Rao told reporters.
Admitting to a dilemma over price rise, he said,
"Wholesale price index is quite modest, while consumer price
index is quite high. Food inflation is 17.5 percent and
there is dilemma in managing the current situation," Subbarao
said after meeting Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
"The food price inflation engenders inflationary
expectations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie