RCom to launch unlimited local, STD call schemes
New Delhi: Spiking up competition in the CDMA mobile telephony space, Reliance Communications Thursday said that it will offer unlimited talktime to its subscribers for minimal one-time monthly charges.
Moving away from conventional tariff metering plans, RCom said that it will offer customers with unlimited local calls at a monthly fixed charge of Rs 299, and unlimited STD calls at a fixed charge of Rs 599.
The schemes are applicable only for CDMA users.
Under the new `Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer`, RCom will launch two unique calling packs, one for local calls and the other for STD ones.
The Local Pack would allow Reliance customers to make unlimited local calls to any other Reliance subscriber at a monthly recharge value of Rs 299. For local calls to other networks such as Airtel and Vodafone, subscribers would get 30 minutes of free talktime per day.
Under this plan, all long-distance calls to Reliance as well as other networks would be charged at 50 paisa per minute.
The National Pack, on the other hand, would allow Reliance customers to make unlimited calls across the country for a monthly recharge value of Rs 599. This pack offers unlimited free calls to any Reliance phone in India (GSM, CDMA or Fixed Line), whether local or national.
Reliance Communications Wireless Business CEO Syed Safawi said, "With the launch of our new plan today, we aim to address the needs of a large group, who do not wish to be bogged down by concerns related to balance and recharges."
Reliance is launching the Simply Unlimited CDMA Offer for existing as well as new customers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing