Real estate firm Fairfield files for bankruptcy
New York: Privately-held real estate company Fairfield Residential LLC filed for bankruptcy protection on Sunday, saying that the collapse of the U.S. real estate and capital markets has made it difficult to continue without restructuring.
The company, which filed a voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition in Delaware, said it has agreed with its significant lenders on the framework of a plan of reorganization that would allow it to continue its property management, asset management, construction services and general partner functions.
Fairfield said in a statement that the plan maintains the company`s existing infrastructure in a new operating company, but that some assets not assigned to the new operating company will be assigned to a liquidating trust.
Fairfield specializes in multifamily housing and is based in San Diego, Calif.
The case is In re: Fairfield Residential LLC, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware, No. 09-14378.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...