Real Madrid destroy Tianjin Teda
Tianjin (China): Real Madrid thrashed Tianjin Teda 6-0 in a pre-season friendly Saturday as Los Blancos wrapped up their China tour with a display of the skills they will be deploying against Barcelona next week.
Kaka opened the scoring with a penalty eight minutes in, with the Brazilian star slotting low past Tianjin keeper Song Zhenyu, who was rattled by the onslaught of shots he faced against the Spanish giants.
Di Maria, who also scored against Guangzhou Evergrande on Wednesday, added another minutes later on a rebound after Song failed to hold his shot.
With the score 2-0 at half time Los Blancos asserted their authority in the second half as striker Gonzalo Higuain made it 3-0 with some nifty dribbling in the box, sending it low and extinguishing any hope Tianjin had of revenge.
It took second-half substitute Cristiano Ronaldo less than 10 minutes to get on the board by crashing in a left footed effort from 12 yards.
Frenchman Karim Benzema swiftly added a double to make it 6-0.
Tianjin Teda could not muster much in the way of a meaningful attack. The closest they came was a fumbled pass back by sub keeper Jesus Fernandez that almost trickled into the net.
With boss Jose Mourinho saying he is "satisfied with the current 20 player squad," Saturday`s line up was a chance to showcase the side who will take on Barcelona on August 14 in the Spanish Super Cup.
Real thrashed Chinese league leaders Guangzhou Evergrande 7-1 on Wednesday in another pre-season friendly.
With a tally of 13 goals over two matches in China, many will be hoping the Galacticos` scoring streak will stretch into the 2011-2012 La Liga season.
The win also means Real are unbeaten in the build-up to a season in which they will be hoping to dethrone great rivals Barcelona, both in domestic competition and in Europe.
Real, who are competing with a number of other major European clubs to establish themselves as a fans` favourite in fast-developing China, have agreed to help Guangzhou set up the nation`s largest football academy, the official Xinhua news agency reported.
The agreement will see the Spanish side send coaches to China to train burgeoning talent in the southern city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender