Real Madrid`s Mourinho appeals UEFA ban
Nyon, Switzerland: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is appearing before UEFA`s appeal panel to challenge his five-match ban from Champions League matches.
Mourinho accused UEFA and its referees of a long-standing conspiracy to help rival Barcelona after his team lost 2-0 in a semifinal first-leg match in April. He was also sent from the dugout during the game.
UEFA`s disciplinary body said the Portuguese coach made "inappropriate" comments.
Mourinho is currently banned from entering the stadium and communicating with players and coaches at Madrid`s next three group-stage matches.
He was banned for the return leg in Barcelona, and another match of his ban was suspended for three years.
UEFA`s verdict is expected later Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley