Real Madrid`s Mourinho appeals UEFA ban
Nyon, Switzerland: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is appearing before UEFA`s appeal panel to challenge his five-match ban from Champions League matches.
Mourinho accused UEFA and its referees of a long-standing conspiracy to help rival Barcelona after his team lost 2-0 in a semifinal first-leg match in April. He was also sent from the dugout during the game.
UEFA`s disciplinary body said the Portuguese coach made "inappropriate" comments.
Mourinho is currently banned from entering the stadium and communicating with players and coaches at Madrid`s next three group-stage matches.
He was banned for the return leg in Barcelona, and another match of his ban was suspended for three years.
UEFA`s verdict is expected later Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed