Real Madrid`s Mourinho appeals UEFA ban
Nyon, Switzerland: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is appearing before UEFA`s appeal panel to challenge his five-match ban from Champions League matches.
Mourinho accused UEFA and its referees of a long-standing conspiracy to help rival Barcelona after his team lost 2-0 in a semifinal first-leg match in April. He was also sent from the dugout during the game.
UEFA`s disciplinary body said the Portuguese coach made "inappropriate" comments.
Mourinho is currently banned from entering the stadium and communicating with players and coaches at Madrid`s next three group-stage matches.
He was banned for the return leg in Barcelona, and another match of his ban was suspended for three years.
UEFA`s verdict is expected later Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone