Real slam UEFA over dismissing Barca complaint
Barcelona: Real Madrid`s assistant coach Aitor Karanka said UEFA`s decision to not take action against Barcelona over their behaviour in the Champions League semi-final first leg clash will overshadow the decider at Camp Nou on Tuesday.
Barcelona came away from the Bernabeu with a 2-0 advantage from a bad tempered game which will be remembered for fouls and play acting.
There was a war of words before the match between Real coach Jose Mourinho and his opposite number Pep Guardiola, and in the game the situation only deteriorated.
Barca`s substitute keeper Jose Pinto was red carded in a clash at half time and in the second half Pepe was dismissed for a kick at Dani Alves who made the most of the challenge by writhing on the ground.
Mourinho was sent to the stands for criticising the decision and will not now be allowed on the bench at the Nou Camp hence why Karanka fielded the press on the traditional eve of match press conference.
UEFA are considering taking action over Mourinho`s post match comments but they have thrown out a complaint from Real over the way Barca players acted.
"UEFA`s decision means that the game now comes second," said Karanka.
"UEFA talks about fair play and tomorrow (Tuesday) there will players on the pitch that lack this and have made racist comments.”
"Meanwhile we will be without Pepe and (Sergio) Ramos.
"Everyone saw what happened at the Bernabeu and yet no decision has been taken, so this means that the game now comes second."
Real wanted up to six Barca players to be punished including Sergio Busquets who was shown on Spanish television to make racist comments towards full back Marcelo.
"We now have to concentrate on the game as we are Real Madrid and we will keep fighting to the end. We have 109 years of history and won nine European Cups," added Karanka.
Real are set to play a more attacking style which includes Mesut Ozil, Ronaldo and Di Maria while Karim Benzema is also fighting for a place along with Emmanuel Adebayor.
"This is a very important game and we know it will be difficult but we will fight to win knowing that there is a final at the end," said Benzema.
"I feel happy in the team. We need to first be solid at the back and then attack and look to turn the tie around."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt