Recipe: Dal Makhni
Unable to make that perfect Dal Makhni? Try out this simple recipe.
1 cup Whole Urad Daal
1 Onion (finely chopped)
3 Green chilies (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Red Kidney Beans
A few Coriander Leaves (chopped)
4-5 flakes Garlic Paste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tomato (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Stirred Curd
1/2 cup Fresh Cream
2 tbsp Butter
1 inch Ginger (chopped)
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Red Chili Powder to taste
Salt to taste
Soak kidney beans overnight in water.
Put urad daal and kidney beans with water and a little salt in a pressure cooker and cook for about 30 minutes.
Mash the mixture and again cook for 15-20 minutes.
Add cream and curd to the daal.
Heat oil in a kadhai.
Saute cumin seeds and add garlic paste.
Fry the paste till light brown.
Add onions and saute till golden brown.
Add tomatoes, ginger, and green chilies.
Fry till tomatoes turn soft.
Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, and salt.
Fry for a few minutes.
Reduce the flame to medium. Add daal and stir.
Remove from the flame as soon as it begins to boil.
Add garam masala powder.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and add a dash of butter.
Serve with naan or steaming hot rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Kieron Pollard expresses shock over Dwayne Bravo's fine, calls it 'ridiculous'
- IPL 9 VIDEO: Guess who led Kolkata Knight Riders' playoffs celebrations!
- Salman Khan flexes his muscles in new 'Sultan' still! See pic
- Answering machine, chats on QR code coming soon on WhatsApp!
- Jiah Khan case: HC stays trial against Sooraj Pancholi; Rabia's plea to be heard on June 7