Recipe: Dal Makhni
Unable to make that perfect Dal Makhni? Try out this simple recipe.
1 cup Whole Urad Daal
1 Onion (finely chopped)
3 Green chilies (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Red Kidney Beans
A few Coriander Leaves (chopped)
4-5 flakes Garlic Paste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tomato (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Stirred Curd
1/2 cup Fresh Cream
2 tbsp Butter
1 inch Ginger (chopped)
1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Red Chili Powder to taste
Salt to taste
Soak kidney beans overnight in water.
Put urad daal and kidney beans with water and a little salt in a pressure cooker and cook for about 30 minutes.
Mash the mixture and again cook for 15-20 minutes.
Add cream and curd to the daal.
Heat oil in a kadhai.
Saute cumin seeds and add garlic paste.
Fry the paste till light brown.
Add onions and saute till golden brown.
Add tomatoes, ginger, and green chilies.
Fry till tomatoes turn soft.
Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, and salt.
Fry for a few minutes.
Reduce the flame to medium. Add daal and stir.
Remove from the flame as soon as it begins to boil.
Add garam masala powder.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and add a dash of butter.
Serve with naan or steaming hot rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news