Recognition to 21 Pvt B Ed colleges in U`khand cancelled
Dehradun: Recognition to 21 private B.Ed colleges of Uttarakhand have been cancelled on charges of violation of norms during admissions.
National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE) took this
decision after HNB Garhwal University at Srinagar, with which
these private colleges were affiliated, conducted
investigations into the alleged irregularities in admission
process and informed the statutory body, official sources
Chairman of press and public relation cell of Garhwal
University, Dr A R Dangwal, said the recognition to 21 private
B.Ed colleges of the state have been cancelled at a meeting of
north zone of NCTE in Jaipur.
Out of these, 11 colleges are situated in Dehradun,
three in Haridwar, two each in Mussoorie and Roorkee and
one each in Srinagar, Kotdwar and Vikasnagar.
As about 2500 students have been pursuing their B.Ed
course from these colleges, this would be effective from the
next academic session, according to NCTE.
Meanwhile according to reports the private institutions were raising the voice to hike the fee from Rs 60,000-70,000 to more than Rs one lakh annually of each
student which was not acceptable to the state government.
However, the government promised with the managements of the institutions to review the issue at the later stage. There were at least 12 private Dental colleges in
different parts of the state against the two government institutions functioning at Amritsar and Patiala.
Against the total strength of about 1,000 students
major share goes in favour of private managed colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!