Recognition to 21 Pvt B Ed colleges in U`khand cancelled
Dehradun: Recognition to 21 private B.Ed colleges of Uttarakhand have been cancelled on charges of violation of norms during admissions.
National Council for Teachers Education (NCTE) took this
decision after HNB Garhwal University at Srinagar, with which
these private colleges were affiliated, conducted
investigations into the alleged irregularities in admission
process and informed the statutory body, official sources
Chairman of press and public relation cell of Garhwal
University, Dr A R Dangwal, said the recognition to 21 private
B.Ed colleges of the state have been cancelled at a meeting of
north zone of NCTE in Jaipur.
Out of these, 11 colleges are situated in Dehradun,
three in Haridwar, two each in Mussoorie and Roorkee and
one each in Srinagar, Kotdwar and Vikasnagar.
As about 2500 students have been pursuing their B.Ed
course from these colleges, this would be effective from the
next academic session, according to NCTE.
Meanwhile according to reports the private institutions were raising the voice to hike the fee from Rs 60,000-70,000 to more than Rs one lakh annually of each
student which was not acceptable to the state government.
However, the government promised with the managements of the institutions to review the issue at the later stage. There were at least 12 private Dental colleges in
different parts of the state against the two government institutions functioning at Amritsar and Patiala.
Against the total strength of about 1,000 students
major share goes in favour of private managed colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside