Record everything with a pair of techno-glasses
London: Vergence Labs has come up with a new pair of techno-glasses that makes video recording incredibly easy.
The pair of prototype glasses which look just like ordinary specs even allows the user to subsequently share said videos on various channels like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
Google’s much-hyped Project Glass goggles - modelled by CEO Larry Page on Tuesday - are bulky and distinctly dorky.
On the other hand, Vergence Labs product is stylish - styled after Clark Kent, its makers say - and ‘stealthy’, as the video-recording specs resemble ordinary glasses.
The prototypes were all made using a 3D printer, a newspaper reported.
The makers, Vergence Labs, are presently looking for funding for the techno-glasses, which pack a lens and recording equipment into the arms.
Other tech firms like Epson are also making ventures into the field, with glasses that display the Android operating system.
“Recording video or taking pictures is clunky. You have to pull out your smart phone or your video camera, and hold it up,” said Vergence.
“What if you could just touch a button on your eyewear and start recording from the actual perspective of your eyes instead? Sure, there are products you can strap on your head, but what if the ability was inside a regular pair of stylish & trendy looking hipster glasses? That would be cool!”
The company expects the video glasses to be a cult hit on Facebook and YouTube, where point-of-view videos will be a unique way for users to ‘capture the moment’.
The glasses will also include a ‘magic’ button that will turn them into sunglasses.
“We are working with-in an accelerated startup environment to reinvent the human-computer experience as stylish computing enabled eyewear,” the company added.
The frame styles will be modelled after James Dean, Buddy Holly, Clark Kent styles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family