Record number of drug tests planned at London Games
London: A record 5,000 drugs tests will be carried out at the 2012 London Olympics, Games organisers said on Wednesday.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) said a further 1,200 tests would be conducted at the Paralympic Games.
"We need to have a strong message that drugs cheats are not welcome at the London Games," Debbie Jevans, LOCOG`s director of sport, said in a statement.
LOCOG signed a memorandum of understanding with UK Anti-Doping on Wednesday to help deliver the drug testing programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read