Record number of drug tests planned at London Games
London: A record 5,000 drugs tests will be carried out at the 2012 London Olympics, Games organisers said on Wednesday.
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) said a further 1,200 tests would be conducted at the Paralympic Games.
"We need to have a strong message that drugs cheats are not welcome at the London Games," Debbie Jevans, LOCOG`s director of sport, said in a statement.
LOCOG signed a memorandum of understanding with UK Anti-Doping on Wednesday to help deliver the drug testing programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan