Record voter turnout in Gujarat - 71.32%
Ahmedabad: Gujarat has voted in record numbers this Assembly Elections, as per final estimates by the Election Commission of India.
According to sources, a total of 71.32 percent of the electorate cast their vote in the just concluded polls. Results are due in two days’ time, on Thursday.
As per final figures, 70.75 percent voting took place in the first phase when 87 seats went to polls. In the second phase, voting figures were 71.85 percent, with an average of 71.32 percent voting in both the phases.
This year’s voter turnout was the highest ever recorded in Gujarat.
Buoyed by the impressive voter turnout, incumbent Chief Minister Narendra Modi has said that the impressive percentage will force political experts to consider "pro-incumbency" factor in their discussions.
"This is the record polling after the formation of the state. We have a popular term in anti-incumbency but after this state election, political pundits will have to adept and discuss the term pro-incumbency," Modi said.
"People of the country wants good-governance, development and sincerity, and people of Gujarat have voted for it," Modi said expressing confidence of his victory in the polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested