Recovering Del Potro rules out defending US Open title
New York: Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro has ruled out defending his US Open title this year after having wrist surgery, he said on Wednesday.
"If all goes well, I`d return after the US Open," said Del Potro, who had an operation on his troublesome right wrist in the US early this month. The US Open starts on August 30.
"The tournament is and always will be very special for me, all my life but I don`t want to rush things," the rangy 21-year-old world number five said on his return to Buenos Aires from seeing his surgeon in the US.
Del Potro said he might be able to play in the Paris Open indoor tournament near the end of the season in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panama papers: SC seeks Centre, RBI's response in four weeks
- Isolate those who harbour terrorists: India to international community
- Nine Filipino militants may face death in Malaysia: lawyer
- CBSE adopts moderation policy in granting marks in Class XII exam: Govt
- Viral video: Girl performs a sizzling hot sexy dance and suddenly door opens - Know what happens next