Recovering Del Potro rules out defending US Open title
New York: Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro has ruled out defending his US Open title this year after having wrist surgery, he said on Wednesday.
"If all goes well, I`d return after the US Open," said Del Potro, who had an operation on his troublesome right wrist in the US early this month. The US Open starts on August 30.
"The tournament is and always will be very special for me, all my life but I don`t want to rush things," the rangy 21-year-old world number five said on his return to Buenos Aires from seeing his surgeon in the US.
Del Potro said he might be able to play in the Paris Open indoor tournament near the end of the season in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley