Recovering Del Potro rules out defending US Open title
New York: Argentina`s Juan Martin del Potro has ruled out defending his US Open title this year after having wrist surgery, he said on Wednesday.
"If all goes well, I`d return after the US Open," said Del Potro, who had an operation on his troublesome right wrist in the US early this month. The US Open starts on August 30.
"The tournament is and always will be very special for me, all my life but I don`t want to rush things," the rangy 21-year-old world number five said on his return to Buenos Aires from seeing his surgeon in the US.
Del Potro said he might be able to play in the Paris Open indoor tournament near the end of the season in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey