Red Bull boss rules out Hamilton’s possible move
London: British Formula One racing driver Lewis Hamilton’s chances of a possible switch to Red Bull next season have been ruled out by Red Bull boss Dieter Mateschitz.
Mateschitz revealed that the team and Australian Formula One driver Mark Webber have held talks over a contract extension, which puts an end to speculations that Hamilton would team up with reigning champion Sebastian Vettel.
According to a daily, Hamilton has a clause in his contract with McLaren allowing him to leave at the end of this season.
However, Mateschitz said: “Mark Webber will re-sign with us. This will happen for sure. He is very popular within the team, he feels very comfortable and it is an excellent relationship. He knows this and we know it.”
“To be honest, Mark has no better choice than the fastest car and we have no better choice for a fast driver,” he added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?