Red Bull Doodle Art – Delhi Exhibition @ WHIPPED- The Dessert Boutique
New Delhi: Red Bull Doodle Art Exhibition went into full swing on a fine lazy Delhi evening at Whipped- The Dessert Boutique, Greater Kailash – 2. With designers Nida Mahmood and Raul Chandra, and cartoonist Manish Tripathi as the judges, top Doodles were put under the scanner and scrutinized.
Red Bull Doodle Art, a student-led initiative, which looks at transforming the art of Doodling into a credible art form, was taken into top gear with the best Doodles put on display across Delhi NCR, which included the likes of St. Stephen’s College, NIFT, Hindu College, Hansraj College, and Amity University amongst others. The entire competition was led by a team of Artistically Enthusiastic students in Delhi. This exhibition at Whipped took flight on the 29th of September and will go on till 2nd October. Doodles were put on display. The prize at stake was the chance for doodlers to have their Doodle printed on an Adidas Neo Label T-Shirt!
The activation of the event happened for a period of 2 weeks, with posters and drop-boxes placed at over 20 locations in 16 colleges. The Doodles varied from works that conveyed a social message, to contemporary pieces of Art with use of multiple shades to even comic strips! The winners, eventually, were decided on the basis of the credibility of the Doodle as a piece of art that, although random, reflects thought and came naturally.
Self-confessed ‘Doodle Noodles’ Nida Mahmood and Raul Chandra came wearing apparel with Doodles all over, front and back and were clearly impressed with the kind of talent out there. Artist Surita Tandon also made an appearance at Whipped to appreciate the Doodles on display, and was impressed by the output generated by not just Art students, but also by students from backgrounds such as Commerce and Social Sciences.
The Judges, after much deliberation, finally closed on the top three Doodles. The top honors went to Manish Bhardwaj from Delhi College of Arts, followed by Jitendar Lukhar, also from Delhi College of Art, and finally by Angel Bedi, from National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal