Red Bull Doodle Art – Delhi Exhibition @ WHIPPED- The Dessert Boutique
New Delhi: Red Bull Doodle Art Exhibition went into full swing on a fine lazy Delhi evening at Whipped- The Dessert Boutique, Greater Kailash – 2. With designers Nida Mahmood and Raul Chandra, and cartoonist Manish Tripathi as the judges, top Doodles were put under the scanner and scrutinized.
Red Bull Doodle Art, a student-led initiative, which looks at transforming the art of Doodling into a credible art form, was taken into top gear with the best Doodles put on display across Delhi NCR, which included the likes of St. Stephen’s College, NIFT, Hindu College, Hansraj College, and Amity University amongst others. The entire competition was led by a team of Artistically Enthusiastic students in Delhi. This exhibition at Whipped took flight on the 29th of September and will go on till 2nd October. Doodles were put on display. The prize at stake was the chance for doodlers to have their Doodle printed on an Adidas Neo Label T-Shirt!
The activation of the event happened for a period of 2 weeks, with posters and drop-boxes placed at over 20 locations in 16 colleges. The Doodles varied from works that conveyed a social message, to contemporary pieces of Art with use of multiple shades to even comic strips! The winners, eventually, were decided on the basis of the credibility of the Doodle as a piece of art that, although random, reflects thought and came naturally.
Self-confessed ‘Doodle Noodles’ Nida Mahmood and Raul Chandra came wearing apparel with Doodles all over, front and back and were clearly impressed with the kind of talent out there. Artist Surita Tandon also made an appearance at Whipped to appreciate the Doodles on display, and was impressed by the output generated by not just Art students, but also by students from backgrounds such as Commerce and Social Sciences.
The Judges, after much deliberation, finally closed on the top three Doodles. The top honors went to Manish Bhardwaj from Delhi College of Arts, followed by Jitendar Lukhar, also from Delhi College of Art, and finally by Angel Bedi, from National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents