Red Bull`s Vettel fastest in final China GP practice session
Shanghai: Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel continued to set the pace at the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix by clocking the fastest time in Saturday`s pre-qualifying practice session.
Vettel was two tenths of a second clear of McLaren`s Jenson Button, whose teammate Lewis Hamilton was third fastest.
The German has been fastest in all three practice sessions at the Shanghai International Circuit, and looked well poised to notch a third straight pole position-race win combination to start the season. The last man to win the first three races of a season was Michael Schumacher in 2004.
It was not all good news for Red Bull, as Mark Webber had mechanical problems which restricted his running to only five laps and the Australian was down in 15th on the timesheets.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg was fourth fastest, ahead of the Ferrari pair of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa in cool but dry conditions.
Renault`s Vitaly Petrov had the seventh best time, with the Force India pair of Adrian Sutil and Paul Di Resta in eighth and tenth, either side of Mercedes` Michael Schumacher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off