Red Bull`s Vettel fastest in final China GP practice session
Shanghai: Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel continued to set the pace at the Formula One Chinese Grand Prix by clocking the fastest time in Saturday`s pre-qualifying practice session.
Vettel was two tenths of a second clear of McLaren`s Jenson Button, whose teammate Lewis Hamilton was third fastest.
The German has been fastest in all three practice sessions at the Shanghai International Circuit, and looked well poised to notch a third straight pole position-race win combination to start the season. The last man to win the first three races of a season was Michael Schumacher in 2004.
It was not all good news for Red Bull, as Mark Webber had mechanical problems which restricted his running to only five laps and the Australian was down in 15th on the timesheets.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg was fourth fastest, ahead of the Ferrari pair of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa in cool but dry conditions.
Renault`s Vitaly Petrov had the seventh best time, with the Force India pair of Adrian Sutil and Paul Di Resta in eighth and tenth, either side of Mercedes` Michael Schumacher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH