Reddy orders long-term plan for malaria prevention
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Tribal Welfare Minister P Balaraju today said that the Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy had directed the district administration to prepare a long-term plan for prevention of malaria in Visakhapatnam agency area.
Talking to reporters here, Balaraju said that Chief Minister, during a transit halt at Visakhapatnam airport last night, held a review meeting with local legislators and officials.
Chief Minister also asked the district officials to prepare a master plan for Visakhapatnam city, to solve the problems related to drinking water supply, drainage, and roads.
The minister said that number of malaria cases in 11 mandals in the tribal area of the district had come down compared to the last year.
This year only 1,800 malaria cases were detected as against 6,000 last year.
Stating that 36 Public Health Centres were operating in 11 mandals of the Agency Area currently, he said a few more PHCs would be opened.
The vacant posts of 24 doctors in the area would be filled up soon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi