Rehabilitation for MNF cadres
Aizawl: Former Mizo National Front (MNF)
cadres who came overground after a historic Mizo Accord signed
between the Centre and the erstwhile underground outfit in
1986 would be given rehabilitation in the form of giving
government jobs soon, official sources said here on Tuesday.
The General Administration Department recently cleared the
proposal for appointment of 70 former MNF cadres or their
qualified family members in the government service, they said.
The appointments would be - two assistants, four upper
division clerks, 18 lower division clerks and 46 grade VI
employees, the sources said.
Only personal interviews would be undertaken by the
applicants, but they have to have requisite educational
qualification for the respective posts, the sources added.
Out of the 578 members of the MNF who came overground,
some of them had been inducted in the government services at
the initial stage besides receiving money for rehabilitation
and resettlement and many of them had successful political
career in the overground life including former two-term Chief
Minister Zoramthanga and his cabinet colleagues.
The Mizo Accord, signed on June 30, 1986 was the most
successful accord signed by the Centre with underground
organisations ushering peace in Mizoram after being a
disturbed state for 20 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...