close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds


Rehabilitation for MNF cadres

Last Updated: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 - 21:30

Aizawl: Former Mizo National Front (MNF)
cadres who came overground after a historic Mizo Accord signed
between the Centre and the erstwhile underground outfit in
1986 would be given rehabilitation in the form of giving
government jobs soon, official sources said here on Tuesday.

The General Administration Department recently cleared the
proposal for appointment of 70 former MNF cadres or their
qualified family members in the government service, they said.

The appointments would be - two assistants, four upper
division clerks, 18 lower division clerks and 46 grade VI
employees, the sources said.

Only personal interviews would be undertaken by the
applicants, but they have to have requisite educational
qualification for the respective posts, the sources added.

Out of the 578 members of the MNF who came overground,
some of them had been inducted in the government services at
the initial stage besides receiving money for rehabilitation
and resettlement and many of them had successful political
career in the overground life including former two-term Chief
Minister Zoramthanga and his cabinet colleagues.

The Mizo Accord, signed on June 30, 1986 was the most
successful accord signed by the Centre with underground
organisations ushering peace in Mizoram after being a
disturbed state for 20 years.

Bureau Report

First Published: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 - 21:30
comments powered by Disqus