`Rel Comm, Aircel close to tower deal`
Mumbai: Reliance Communications, is close to a telecoms tower sharing deal with local peer Aircel that could fetch India`s No. 2 mobile operator revenues of about USD 300 million over 10 years, newspapers reported on Tuesday.
The deal with unlisted Aircel is expected to be announced in about two days after the paperwork is completed, the Mint said, citing an unnamed industry official close to the development.
The media report said the deal would include sharing of towers, voice carriage and bulk bandwidth.
When contacted, a spokeswoman for Aircel, majority owned by Malaysia`s Maxis, denied the development.
"There is nothing new. We have been sharing towers with several operators for a long time," she said, adding the company was already sharing towers with mobile firms including Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications.
Reliance Communications could not be immediately reached for comment.
Last week, Reliance Communications and S Tel, partly owned by Bahrain Telecommunications, agreed to share infrastructure including mobile towers.
Etisalat`s India telecoms joint venture has also entered into a 10-year, USD 2 billion tower-sharing agreement with Reliance Communications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why