Rel Comm forays into handset distribution biz
New Delhi: Reliance Webstore, the retail arm
of Reliance Communications, on Thursday said it has forayed into
handset distribution and plans to have a network of 10,000
outlets across the country in the next three years.
As part of the venture, the company has already signed up
over 1,200 handset retailers and multibrand outlets in nearly
100 towns, the company said in a statement.
Besides, Reliance Webstore has also tied up with Coolpad
Communications, a subsidiary of China Wireless to market the
Chinese firm`s smartphones in India.
"The company (Reliance Webstore Ltd) has diversified into
handset distribution business in addition to its current focus
of handset retailing for Reliance World and Reliance Mobile
stores," the statement added.
Reliance Webstore currently retails mobile phones through
its Reliance World Stores and contributes around 50 per cent
of the company`s overall revenue business.
"Over the next 3 years, Reliance Webstore is targetting a
distribution network of over 10,000 multi branded outlets and
retailers spread across 700 Indian cities," it said.
At present, the company has 232 Reliance World stores
across 104 cities in the country.
"We continually identify new growth opportunities by
leveraging our group`s system across multiple sectors and
competitive advantage of Reliance Webstore`s overall retail
network," Reliance Webstore Director and CEO Sarup Chowdhury
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh