Rel Comm forays into handset distribution biz
New Delhi: Reliance Webstore, the retail arm
of Reliance Communications, on Thursday said it has forayed into
handset distribution and plans to have a network of 10,000
outlets across the country in the next three years.
As part of the venture, the company has already signed up
over 1,200 handset retailers and multibrand outlets in nearly
100 towns, the company said in a statement.
Besides, Reliance Webstore has also tied up with Coolpad
Communications, a subsidiary of China Wireless to market the
Chinese firm`s smartphones in India.
"The company (Reliance Webstore Ltd) has diversified into
handset distribution business in addition to its current focus
of handset retailing for Reliance World and Reliance Mobile
stores," the statement added.
Reliance Webstore currently retails mobile phones through
its Reliance World Stores and contributes around 50 per cent
of the company`s overall revenue business.
"Over the next 3 years, Reliance Webstore is targetting a
distribution network of over 10,000 multi branded outlets and
retailers spread across 700 Indian cities," it said.
At present, the company has 232 Reliance World stores
across 104 cities in the country.
"We continually identify new growth opportunities by
leveraging our group`s system across multiple sectors and
competitive advantage of Reliance Webstore`s overall retail
network," Reliance Webstore Director and CEO Sarup Chowdhury
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read