Rel General crosses over Rs 1,000 cr premium in 1H-FY10
New Delhi: Anil Ambani Group firm Reliance
General Insurance has achieved a premium collection of more
than Rs 1,000 crore in the first half of this fiscal, making
it the fastest growing non-life insurer among the top-five
The premium collection of over Rs 1,000 crore during six
months period is the fastest since the inception of the
company, Reliance General Insurance CEO K A Somasekharan said.
"Focus on retail and enhanced distribution network
contributed to the growth," he said.
According to the preliminary data of the General
Insurance Council, Reliance General recorded maximum growth
among the top 5 private players during April-September period.
The company logged growth of 6 per cent at Rs 1,046 crore
during the first half of 2009-10 compared to Rs 986 crore in
the same period previous fiscal.
However, the largest private sector player ICICI Lombard,
according to the data, recorded a decline of 16 per cent in
ICICI Lombard collected premium of Rs 1,612 crore in the
first half of the fiscal against Rs 1,925 crore in the same
period last year.
At the same time, premium collection of Bajaj Allianz
shrunk by 14 per cent to Rs 1,218 crore from Rs 1,416 crore in
the same period a year ago.
Other top private sector players like Tata AIG General
Insurance also registered a negative growth of 7 per cent,
while Iffco-Tokio`s portfolio grew by 5 per cent at Rs 751
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now