Rel Life aims Rs 1,000cr premium from micro insurance in 5 yrs
New Delhi: Anil Ambani group firm Reliance
Life Insurance is aiming to receive premium of around Rs 1,000
cr in the next five years from micro insurance space and is
planning to introduce new products to cater to the savings
needs of this segment.
Reliance Life Insurance Company (RLIC) is likely to get
Rs 100 crore premium from micro insurance segment this year
itself and plans to scale this to up to Rs 1,000 crore in the
next five years` time.
Elaborating on the new products the company is planning
to introduce, Reliance Capital CEO Sam Ghosh said, "RLIC will
be tapping this market with Group savings insurance policies
and group term life."
Ghosh further said "this segment has unique servicing
requirements and we will be using technology to drive down
transaction costs, while partnering with groups such as Micro
Finance Institutions, Non Governmental Organisation, banks and
other financial groups to access these segments".
RLIC would be launching this initiative across ten states
initially and would focus on product reach and relevance as
against conventional focus on premium alone by most players.
As per UNDP, Micro Insurance, which refers to
provisioning of financial services to low-income groups, is a
USD 2 billion opportunity in India. The current reach of micro
insurance is 5 million people or only 2 percent of the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt