Reliance Gas wins rights to retail gas in three cities
New Delhi: Reliance Gas, a unit of Mukesh
Ambani-run Reliance Industries, has won rights to retail CNG
to automobiles and pipe natural gas to households in three
cities in Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh.
Reliance beat the joint venture of Adani Energy and
Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to get city gas rights in Rajahmundry in
Andhra Pradesh, sources in oil regulator Petroleum and Natural
Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) said.
The company also got the rights for Yannan in Andhra
Pradesh and Shahdol in Madhya Pradesh, where it was the sole
Sources said PNGRB has opened bids for the three cities
to mark Reliance as the favoured bidder. The regulator has,
however, not awarded Letter of Intent (LOIs) due to a case in
the Delhi High Court where its right to award city gas rights
has been challenged.
Reliance managed to get Rajahmundry by a very small
margin as the Adani-IOC joint venture made very aggressive
Adani-IOC had quoted zero pipeline tariff to bag the city
gas rights in Chandigarh and Allahabad, bids for which were
opened by PNGRB earlier this month. The regulator is yet to
open bids for Ghaziabad and Jhansi.
PNGRB, which had invited bids for city gas projects in
seven cities, had asked companies to quote only the tariffs
they will charge for transporting gas within the boundaries of
cities and left to the firms to fix the price they will charge
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31