Reliance Industries wins city-gas rights for 3 cities
New Delhi: Reliance Industries has bagged rights to retail CNG to automobiles and pipe gas to households in two cities of Andhra Pradesh and one in Madhya Pradesh.
RIL beat the joint venture of Adani Energy and IOC to get
rights for city gas in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, sources
in oil regulatory Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board
The company also got the rights to retail city gas in
Yanan in AP and Shahdol in Madhya Pradesh where it was the
Sources said PNGRB opened bids for these three cities
where Reliance emerged as the favoured bidder. The regulator
has, however, not awarded a letter of intent (LOI) to RIL as
the Delhi High Court has restrained it from doing so.
The JV of Adani Energy and IOC had previously emerged
winner for city-gas rights in Allahabad and Chandigarh. PNGRB
is yet to open bids for Ghaziabad and Jhansi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!