Reliance Industries wins city-gas rights for 3 cities
New Delhi: Reliance Industries has bagged rights to retail CNG to automobiles and pipe gas to households in two cities of Andhra Pradesh and one in Madhya Pradesh.
RIL beat the joint venture of Adani Energy and IOC to get
rights for city gas in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, sources
in oil regulatory Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board
The company also got the rights to retail city gas in
Yanan in AP and Shahdol in Madhya Pradesh where it was the
Sources said PNGRB opened bids for these three cities
where Reliance emerged as the favoured bidder. The regulator
has, however, not awarded a letter of intent (LOI) to RIL as
the Delhi High Court has restrained it from doing so.
The JV of Adani Energy and IOC had previously emerged
winner for city-gas rights in Allahabad and Chandigarh. PNGRB
is yet to open bids for Ghaziabad and Jhansi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors