Reliance Industries wins city-gas rights for 3 cities
New Delhi: Reliance Industries has bagged rights to retail CNG to automobiles and pipe gas to households in two cities of Andhra Pradesh and one in Madhya Pradesh.
RIL beat the joint venture of Adani Energy and IOC to get
rights for city gas in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, sources
in oil regulatory Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board
The company also got the rights to retail city gas in
Yanan in AP and Shahdol in Madhya Pradesh where it was the
Sources said PNGRB opened bids for these three cities
where Reliance emerged as the favoured bidder. The regulator
has, however, not awarded a letter of intent (LOI) to RIL as
the Delhi High Court has restrained it from doing so.
The JV of Adani Energy and IOC had previously emerged
winner for city-gas rights in Allahabad and Chandigarh. PNGRB
is yet to open bids for Ghaziabad and Jhansi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH