Reliance Industries wins city-gas rights for 3 cities
New Delhi: Reliance Industries has bagged rights to retail CNG to automobiles and pipe gas to households in two cities of Andhra Pradesh and one in Madhya Pradesh.
RIL beat the joint venture of Adani Energy and IOC to get
rights for city gas in Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, sources
in oil regulatory Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board
The company also got the rights to retail city gas in
Yanan in AP and Shahdol in Madhya Pradesh where it was the
Sources said PNGRB opened bids for these three cities
where Reliance emerged as the favoured bidder. The regulator
has, however, not awarded a letter of intent (LOI) to RIL as
the Delhi High Court has restrained it from doing so.
The JV of Adani Energy and IOC had previously emerged
winner for city-gas rights in Allahabad and Chandigarh. PNGRB
is yet to open bids for Ghaziabad and Jhansi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes