Reliance Petroleum posts Rs 105 cr profit in Q1
Mumbai: Mukesh Ambani-promoted Reliance Petroleum on Friday reported a net profit of Rs 105 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2009.
Total income of the company was Rs 7,646 crore in the
quarter. It started commercial production on March 15,
The total expenditure during the quarter amounted to Rs
7,425 crore, RPL said in a statement, adding "the total
capital employed by the company is Rs 34,693 crore".
"RPL`s refinery is the largest and the most complex
refining asset commissioned anywhere in the world during the
last decade. The refinery has had a smooth and safe start up
in this quarter and achieved stability of operations. We look
forward to the refinery creating significant value," RPL
Chairman Mukesh Ambani said.
The company`s gross refining margin (GRM) at the end of
June quarter stood at USD 5.4/bbl and the total crude
processed of the company was at 4.04 million tonnes. The cash
profit was at Rs 355 crore at the end of Q1.
RPL has exported over 2.5 million tonnes of refined
products to 26 countries, including US and Europe.
In March, the boards of Reliance Industries (RIL) and RPL
had approved the merger of both the entities which created one
of the largest petrochemical firms of the world.
Shares of RPL closed at Rs 125.60, down 0.95 per cent
over previous close on BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!