Relief to Puducherry minister facing proxy charge
Chennai: Madras High Court on Monday directed that
Puducherry Education Minister PML Kalyanasundaram, summoned
by Tamil Nadu police for questioning over charges that he used
a proxy to write SSLC examination, should not be arrested
until further orders.
Issuing the direction on the anticipatory bail petition by
Kalyanasundaram, Justice C S Karnan directed the public
prosecutor to get instructions and posted the matter for
hearing on October 12.
Apprehending arrest, Kalyanasundaram submitted he had
learnt that an FIR had been registered against him and two
others, alleging that he used a proxy to write the examination
at a centre in Tindivanam in Tamil Nadu last month.
Stating that the complaint was lodged by Villupuram
District Chief Educational Officer Kuppusamy following an
inquiry with the Chief Superintendent of the examination
centre, he said when he appeared at the centre his hall ticket
as well as the number on the answer sheet had been verified
after which he was allowed to write the examination.
He said he had applied for writing the supplementary
examination in science and social science subjects and
appeared for the science examination on September 29. But he
did not write the second paper in view of a meeting in the
Claiming that the complaint against him `is a false one`,
he said it was not given by the Chief Superintendent of the
examination centre but the Chief Education Officer, after a
lapse of nine days.
The minister claimed he had been falsely implicated in the
case due to political compulsions. Kalyanasundaram said he had
come to know that summons had been served for him to appear
before the Tamil Nadu police to the Puducherry Assembly
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'