`Republicans to hold House of Representatives`
Washington: The Republican party will keep its majority in the US House of Representatives, the lower house of the US Congress, several US television networks projected on Tuesday evening based on returns in Congressional races nationwide.
Going into Election Day, Republicans held a 240-190 majority in the House and were widely expected to maintain that advantage after votes in the races for all 435 seats in the chamber are tallied.
Republicans took control of the House from the Democrats in a 2010 election that saw numerous hardline conservatives under the Tea Party banner sail into office on a wave of disenchantment with the administration of US President Barack Obama.
Democrats have accused the Republican majority in the House of refusing to cooperate with the White House in an effort to sweep Obama from office, while Republicans claim they are the last line of defence against an ever-expanding federal government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location