Reva scouts for partners to make electric cars in US, Europe
New Delhi: Bangalore-based Reva Electric Car
Company today said it is scouting for partners in the US and
Europe for setting manufacturing bases.
"We are exploring to set up contract manufacturing
facilities in the overseas market, specially in the Europe and
US," Reva Electric Car Company Deputy Chairman and Chief
Technology Officer Chetan Maini told reporters here on the
sidelines of Environmentally Friendly Vehicle Conference here.
He said the company is "having negotiations with some
local parties but so far nothing has been finalised."
Maini also said the company aims to increase sales to
30,000 units in three years from less than a 1,000 units per
year at present.
"The sales will be around fifty-fifty from domestic
market and exports," he added.
In order to meet targets, the company is expanding its
production capacity. It will commission a new plant in
Bangalore by the mid of 2010 and increase the production
capacity to 30,000 units in three years.
The current facility at Bangalore has an annual
production capacity of 6,000 units per annum.
"We have invested around Rs 30 crore for the first phase
of the new plant and we will continue to invest more for step
by step expansion of the plant once it becomes operational,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared