Reward for clues on murder of varsity staff
Puducherry: The CBI probing the murder of a Data
Entry Operator of Pondicherry University allegedly in
connection with a marksheet scam, has announced Rs 5 lakh
cash award for information about those behind the crime.
V Jayaraman, working in the examination wing in the
University and regarded as the whistleblower of the scam, was
murdered by a group of unidentified persons while on his way
to his farm in May 2008.
Puducherry Police initially took up the probe and the case
was subsequently handed over to the central investigation
Posters containing the CBI`s announcement had been pasted
The case drew widespread attention after Justice R
Regupathi of the Madras High Court said attempts were made to
influence his decision on the outcome of anticipatory bail
pleas by a medical student, Kribha Sridhar, an MBBS student of
a Puducherry college, and his father in the marksheet scam.
The judge had also recused himself from the case saying the
lawyer representing the father-son duo had used the name of a
Union minister in a bid to influence him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested