Reward for clues on murder of varsity staff
Puducherry: The CBI probing the murder of a Data
Entry Operator of Pondicherry University allegedly in
connection with a marksheet scam, has announced Rs 5 lakh
cash award for information about those behind the crime.
V Jayaraman, working in the examination wing in the
University and regarded as the whistleblower of the scam, was
murdered by a group of unidentified persons while on his way
to his farm in May 2008.
Puducherry Police initially took up the probe and the case
was subsequently handed over to the central investigation
Posters containing the CBI`s announcement had been pasted
The case drew widespread attention after Justice R
Regupathi of the Madras High Court said attempts were made to
influence his decision on the outcome of anticipatory bail
pleas by a medical student, Kribha Sridhar, an MBBS student of
a Puducherry college, and his father in the marksheet scam.
The judge had also recused himself from the case saying the
lawyer representing the father-son duo had used the name of a
Union minister in a bid to influence him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!