Ribery, Robben, hope to be fit for season start
Berlin: Bayern Munich revealed on Wednesday that star duo Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben hope to be fit for Sunday`s Bundesliga season-opener against Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Ribery had spent five days in plaster after suffering an ankle injury in training but, on what was a day off for the majority of the Bayern squad, the 28-year-old French international was to be found hard at work at the club`s Saebener Strasse training ground.
"I`m totally knackered, but I`m feeling good and there`s no pain," he told the club`s official website.
Robben was also on the training ground, and said he hopes to "be back training with the team on Thursday."
"I`m relieved actually, because it could all have been a lot worse," Robben, 27, continued, before adding that he was "optimistic" as to his chances of featuring against Gladbach.
The former Chelsea and Real Madrid man was forced off in last month`s friendly meeting with AC Milan after injuring his ankle in a challenge with Taye Taiwo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda