Ribery, Robben, hope to be fit for season start
Berlin: Bayern Munich revealed on Wednesday that star duo Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben hope to be fit for Sunday`s Bundesliga season-opener against Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Ribery had spent five days in plaster after suffering an ankle injury in training but, on what was a day off for the majority of the Bayern squad, the 28-year-old French international was to be found hard at work at the club`s Saebener Strasse training ground.
"I`m totally knackered, but I`m feeling good and there`s no pain," he told the club`s official website.
Robben was also on the training ground, and said he hopes to "be back training with the team on Thursday."
"I`m relieved actually, because it could all have been a lot worse," Robben, 27, continued, before adding that he was "optimistic" as to his chances of featuring against Gladbach.
The former Chelsea and Real Madrid man was forced off in last month`s friendly meeting with AC Milan after injuring his ankle in a challenge with Taye Taiwo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan