Rifle shooter Narang bags bronze in Beijing World Cup
New Delhi: Indian shooter Gagan Narang won the bronze medal in the 10 meter air rifle event at the World Cup in Beijing Sunday.
According to information received here, Narang shot a total of 700.3 points (597 qualifying and 100.3 finals) to win his sixth World Cup medal.
The gold went to Russian Denis Sokolov with a total score of 701.3 (597 qualifying + 104.3 final) and the silver went to Chinese Qinan after he shot 701.2 (598 qualifying + 103.2 final).
Narang was disappointed to miss out on the gold medal by small margin.
“It was close final round and I was disappointed to miss out on the gold medal. But a medal is always a medal and it will boost my confidence in the forthcoming world cups. This a big year for Indian sports and hopefully I can perform well in the Commonwealth Games as well,” he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!