Rifle shooter Narang bags bronze in Beijing World Cup
New Delhi: Indian shooter Gagan Narang won the bronze medal in the 10 meter air rifle event at the World Cup in Beijing Sunday.
According to information received here, Narang shot a total of 700.3 points (597 qualifying and 100.3 finals) to win his sixth World Cup medal.
The gold went to Russian Denis Sokolov with a total score of 701.3 (597 qualifying + 104.3 final) and the silver went to Chinese Qinan after he shot 701.2 (598 qualifying + 103.2 final).
Narang was disappointed to miss out on the gold medal by small margin.
“It was close final round and I was disappointed to miss out on the gold medal. But a medal is always a medal and it will boost my confidence in the forthcoming world cups. This a big year for Indian sports and hopefully I can perform well in the Commonwealth Games as well,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan