Rift in Hindu Mahasabha on caveat in SC on Ayodhya title suit
Lucknow: Rift on Tuesday surfaced in Akhil Bharat
Hindu Mahasabha on the issue of filing of a caveat in the
Supreme Court by its President Swami Charkapani to pre-empt an
exparte order on Ayodbya title dispute with the outfit`s state
unit chief alleging Charkapani acted "like an agent of BJP and
Mahasabha`s state President Kamlesh Tiwari said it will
file an objection in the apex court against the caveat.
"The state unit of the party, which had been pursuing
the case in the High Court, has been shocked with the news of
the caveat was filed in the SC on Ram Janmbhoomi Ayodhya
issue," Tiwari said.
He said the caveat had been filed by "the
self-proclaimed" national president of the Mahasabha Swami
"At a time when the party was about to move the SC
challenging the HC order, Swami Chakrapani by filing the
caveat had attempted to malign the image of the organisation.
He had acted as an agent of BJP and RSS," Tiwari said.
"Filing the caveat is an anti-party activity and the
Mahasabha will file an appeal against it in the apex court,"
He said the high-powered committee of the party had
already decided to lodge a case against Swami Chakrapani in
Meanwhile, Tiwari said he had met the Mahasabha counsel
Hari Shanker Jain today to discuss filing an appeal against
the HC order in the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla