RIL execs receive 23.49 lakh bonus shares
Mumbai: Reliance Industries on Tuesday said its
top executives and directors, including Mukesh Ambani, have
been allotted bonus shares totalling over 23.49 lakh, which is
currently worth Rs 253 crore.
In a disclosure to the Bombay Stock Exchange RIL said
Mukesh Ambani, along with 11 other directors or officers, has
been alloted bonus shares in the ratio of 1:1 on December 5.
Calculated on the basis of today`s closing market price
of RIL of Rs 1,079 a share, the bonus shares would be worth
over Rs 253.55 crore in aggregate.
As per the disclosure while RIL Chairman and MD Mukesh
Ambani has received 18.07 lakh company shares, RIL Executive
Director PMS Prasad has been alloted 18,333 shares.
The Mukesh Ambani-led company had, last month, approved
1:1 issuance of bonus shares after a 12-year hiatus. It had
said that it would issue a maximum of 166.97 crore equity
shares of Rs 10 each as bonus shares to eligible shareholders.
The petrochemical giant`s scrip is one of the top traded
counters on the bourse and witnesses lakhs of shares changing
hands every day.
RIL, which carries the most weight on the benchmark
Sensex, has gained as much as 78 per cent till November 26
when it went ex-bonus.
The bonus shares were alloted to eligible shareholders on
November 28, as per their shareholdings on the record date
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa