RIL execs receive 23.49 lakh bonus shares
Mumbai: Reliance Industries on Tuesday said its
top executives and directors, including Mukesh Ambani, have
been allotted bonus shares totalling over 23.49 lakh, which is
currently worth Rs 253 crore.
In a disclosure to the Bombay Stock Exchange RIL said
Mukesh Ambani, along with 11 other directors or officers, has
been alloted bonus shares in the ratio of 1:1 on December 5.
Calculated on the basis of today`s closing market price
of RIL of Rs 1,079 a share, the bonus shares would be worth
over Rs 253.55 crore in aggregate.
As per the disclosure while RIL Chairman and MD Mukesh
Ambani has received 18.07 lakh company shares, RIL Executive
Director PMS Prasad has been alloted 18,333 shares.
The Mukesh Ambani-led company had, last month, approved
1:1 issuance of bonus shares after a 12-year hiatus. It had
said that it would issue a maximum of 166.97 crore equity
shares of Rs 10 each as bonus shares to eligible shareholders.
The petrochemical giant`s scrip is one of the top traded
counters on the bourse and witnesses lakhs of shares changing
hands every day.
RIL, which carries the most weight on the benchmark
Sensex, has gained as much as 78 per cent till November 26
when it went ex-bonus.
The bonus shares were alloted to eligible shareholders on
November 28, as per their shareholdings on the record date
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'