RIL Q2 net profit down 6.4% to Rs 3,852 cr
Mumbai: Country`s most valued company
Reliance Industries on Thursday reported 6.41 percent drop in its
stand-alone profit at Rs 3,852 crore for the second quarter of
the current fiscal.
The total income rose 5.88 percent to Rs 47,476 crore
during the quarter from Rs 44,839 crore in the corresponding
period a year ago, RIL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock
"The timely completion of the new SEZ refinery and the
deep water, oil and gas K-G D6 block and their safe and stable
ramp-up are noteworthy accomplishment for the company. These
projects have contributed meaningfully in RIL achieving a
record level of profits despite the challenging business and
economic environment," RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani said in
The company`s revenue from refining business grew nearly
9 percent to Rs 39,564 crore.
On other hand, income from petrochemical business stood
at Rs 13,340 crore, down by 14.20 percent.
Revenues from the oil and gas segment, which includes
exploration, development and production, more than tripled to
Rs 2,937 crore during the period under review.
Company`s expenditure on its employees stood at Rs 596
crore in the reviewed quarter, against Rs 605 crore in the
corresponding period a year ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in