RIL Q2 net profit down 6.4% to Rs 3,852 cr
Mumbai: Country`s most valued company
Reliance Industries on Thursday reported 6.41 percent drop in its
stand-alone profit at Rs 3,852 crore for the second quarter of
the current fiscal.
The total income rose 5.88 percent to Rs 47,476 crore
during the quarter from Rs 44,839 crore in the corresponding
period a year ago, RIL said in a filing to the Bombay Stock
"The timely completion of the new SEZ refinery and the
deep water, oil and gas K-G D6 block and their safe and stable
ramp-up are noteworthy accomplishment for the company. These
projects have contributed meaningfully in RIL achieving a
record level of profits despite the challenging business and
economic environment," RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani said in
The company`s revenue from refining business grew nearly
9 percent to Rs 39,564 crore.
On other hand, income from petrochemical business stood
at Rs 13,340 crore, down by 14.20 percent.
Revenues from the oil and gas segment, which includes
exploration, development and production, more than tripled to
Rs 2,937 crore during the period under review.
Company`s expenditure on its employees stood at Rs 596
crore in the reviewed quarter, against Rs 605 crore in the
corresponding period a year ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'