Rio replaced Terry despite his own secret fling
London: Ex-skipper of the English soccer team Rio Ferdinand might have stepped into the shoes of scandal-hit John Terry and accepted the captaincy but now the High Court is hearing about a secret affair of his own.
The Man United defender took over as the captain in February 2010 after Terry’s alleged affair with French beauty Vanessa Perroncel was revealed.
Surprisingly, though coach Fabio Capello insisted that his captain had to set an example, he had no knowledge of Ferdinand’s undercover affair.
Ferdinand had romped with interior designer Carly Storey for 13 years since his first dating her when he was a 17-year-old West Ham reserve.
The 32-year-old footballer has now been seeking damages from a newspaper, which revealed his private affair in April 2010, reports a daily.
The injured star, who handed back the captain’s role to Terry in March, has two sons and a daughter with wife Rebecca Ellison.
The hearing is expected to last three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31