Rio replaced Terry despite his own secret fling
London: Ex-skipper of the English soccer team Rio Ferdinand might have stepped into the shoes of scandal-hit John Terry and accepted the captaincy but now the High Court is hearing about a secret affair of his own.
The Man United defender took over as the captain in February 2010 after Terry’s alleged affair with French beauty Vanessa Perroncel was revealed.
Surprisingly, though coach Fabio Capello insisted that his captain had to set an example, he had no knowledge of Ferdinand’s undercover affair.
Ferdinand had romped with interior designer Carly Storey for 13 years since his first dating her when he was a 17-year-old West Ham reserve.
The 32-year-old footballer has now been seeking damages from a newspaper, which revealed his private affair in April 2010, reports a daily.
The injured star, who handed back the captain’s role to Terry in March, has two sons and a daughter with wife Rebecca Ellison.
The hearing is expected to last three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui