Rio replaced Terry despite his own secret fling
London: Ex-skipper of the English soccer team Rio Ferdinand might have stepped into the shoes of scandal-hit John Terry and accepted the captaincy but now the High Court is hearing about a secret affair of his own.
The Man United defender took over as the captain in February 2010 after Terry’s alleged affair with French beauty Vanessa Perroncel was revealed.
Surprisingly, though coach Fabio Capello insisted that his captain had to set an example, he had no knowledge of Ferdinand’s undercover affair.
Ferdinand had romped with interior designer Carly Storey for 13 years since his first dating her when he was a 17-year-old West Ham reserve.
The 32-year-old footballer has now been seeking damages from a newspaper, which revealed his private affair in April 2010, reports a daily.
The injured star, who handed back the captain’s role to Terry in March, has two sons and a daughter with wife Rebecca Ellison.
The hearing is expected to last three days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation