Rita Bahuguna case: Cong workers stage protests in UP
Lucknow: Congressmen staged protest dharnas at all the tehsil headquarters in the state on Saturday demanding a CBI inquiry into the arson at residence of UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi last month and submitted memorandum addressed to the state Governor, BL Joshi through district authorities.
Congress media secretary, Vijay Saxena said that besides party workers and office bearers, MPs Jagdambika Pal, Annu Tandon and MLAs also took part in dharnas and flayed the state government`s role in the crime that took place at Joshi`s house in high security zone.
Reports from different tehsils in Lucknow besides Siddhratnagar, Saharanpur, Faizabad, Unnao, Hamirpur, Ghaziabad, Sitapur, Hathras, Mahrajganj, Sant Kabirnagar, Kannauj and other districts stated that Congressmen staged peaceful dharnas demanding a CBI probe into the incidents of arson.
Saxena said that in Varanasi and Bhadohi the dharna was postponed due to sudden demise of Governor designate of Gujarat, Devendra Dwivedi though a memorandum was submitted to the authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!