Rita Bahuguna case: Cong workers stage protests in UP
Lucknow: Congressmen staged protest dharnas at all the tehsil headquarters in the state on Saturday demanding a CBI inquiry into the arson at residence of UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi last month and submitted memorandum addressed to the state Governor, BL Joshi through district authorities.
Congress media secretary, Vijay Saxena said that besides party workers and office bearers, MPs Jagdambika Pal, Annu Tandon and MLAs also took part in dharnas and flayed the state government`s role in the crime that took place at Joshi`s house in high security zone.
Reports from different tehsils in Lucknow besides Siddhratnagar, Saharanpur, Faizabad, Unnao, Hamirpur, Ghaziabad, Sitapur, Hathras, Mahrajganj, Sant Kabirnagar, Kannauj and other districts stated that Congressmen staged peaceful dharnas demanding a CBI probe into the incidents of arson.
Saxena said that in Varanasi and Bhadohi the dharna was postponed due to sudden demise of Governor designate of Gujarat, Devendra Dwivedi though a memorandum was submitted to the authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note