Rita Bahuguna Joshi returns security provided by state govt
Lucknow: Pressing for a CBI probe into
the arson at her house here on July 15 last, UPCC President
Rita Bahuguna Joshi has returned the security personnel
provided by the State Government to guard her house in the
wake of the incident.
"The state government and senior police officials who
had instigated arson at my house cannot provide security to it
and I do not require any police personnel to keep vigil at my
house", Joshi said here today.
The UPCC President, who continues to stay at her
residence with her personal staff even though it has been
damaged in the devastating fire, said that she does not want
any security from the state government.
Congress spokesman, Subodh Srivastava said that two
constables had been provided for the security of Joshi`s house
in the high security zone after the incident but it was
returned by her yesterday itself.
The UPCC president is capabale of taking the
challenges herself with the help of Congress workers,
Srivasatava said, adding that the party would settle for
nothing less than a CBI probe as only then the reality behind
the violence and its perpetrators would be identified and
exposed before the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown