Rita case: Cong warns stir if CBI probe not ordered
Lucknow: Congress on Saturday threatened to stage demonstrations at all police stations across Uttar Pradesh if its demand for a CBI enquiry into the attack on UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s house was not fulfilled.
Alleging that the attack was carried out at the behest
of the state government, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh
said Congress workers would stage protests if the demand for a
CBI probe was not fulfilled.
Urging MP`s and ministers from Uttar Pradesh to reach
out to people in each and every village, Singh told them to
tour all districts apart from concentrating in their own
"There is a need for the Congress to reach out to the
people in each and every village of the state, therefore the
MPs should tour all the districts," Singh said during a
function organised to felicitate its newly elected MPs.
He said, through the Lok Sabha poll, people had given
a strong message that days of caste-based and muscle-based
politics were over.
Regarding Samajwadi Party, which extended outside
support to UPA in its first tenure, he said Congress wanted to
enter into an alliance with the SP in Lok Sabha election, but
its leaders were not aware of the ground realities.
Therefore, while Congress gained, SP lost, he said.
Lashing out at the BSP government, Digvijay alleged that
it was misutilising funds on installing statues, parks and
"There is no objection to installing statues to honour
Dalit icons. But, there is no precedent where a leader get
his/her own statue installed. None of the Congress leaders got
one`s statue installed," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...