Rita case: Cong warns stir if CBI probe not ordered
Lucknow: Congress on Saturday threatened to stage demonstrations at all police stations across Uttar Pradesh if its demand for a CBI enquiry into the attack on UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s house was not fulfilled.
Alleging that the attack was carried out at the behest
of the state government, AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh
said Congress workers would stage protests if the demand for a
CBI probe was not fulfilled.
Urging MP`s and ministers from Uttar Pradesh to reach
out to people in each and every village, Singh told them to
tour all districts apart from concentrating in their own
"There is a need for the Congress to reach out to the
people in each and every village of the state, therefore the
MPs should tour all the districts," Singh said during a
function organised to felicitate its newly elected MPs.
He said, through the Lok Sabha poll, people had given
a strong message that days of caste-based and muscle-based
politics were over.
Regarding Samajwadi Party, which extended outside
support to UPA in its first tenure, he said Congress wanted to
enter into an alliance with the SP in Lok Sabha election, but
its leaders were not aware of the ground realities.
Therefore, while Congress gained, SP lost, he said.
Lashing out at the BSP government, Digvijay alleged that
it was misutilising funds on installing statues, parks and
"There is no objection to installing statues to honour
Dalit icons. But, there is no precedent where a leader get
his/her own statue installed. None of the Congress leaders got
one`s statue installed," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic