`Rita Joshi’s house arson sponsored by Maya`
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday slammed Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati for sponsoring the incident of setting ablaze UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi’s house.
Digvijay made the statement while visiting Joshi’s house in Lucknow.
He further added that the Congress will settle for nothing less than CBI probe into the case.
Only a CBI probe will unravel the truth behind the
incident, the Congress General Secretary and in-charge of UP
The Congress leader alleged that the loot, attack and
arsoning at Joshi`s residence was committed "at the behest"
of Chief Minister Mayawati.
The incident appeared to be a "pre-planned affair" and
nothing short of a CBI probe would be able to workout the
case, he added.
Earlier, an adamant Rita had resolved to live in her now charred house, calling it as a matter of honour. She even returned the security provided to her by the state government.
Congress had earlier threatened to start a jail bahro movement against the Mayawati government.
Rita Joshi had made derogatory remarks against UP CM Mayawati on July 15 in Moradabad after which she was booked under the SC/ST Act and was sent to jail. Enraged by Joshi’s speech, BSP workers attacked her house on the same day and set it on fire.
She then acquired an interim bail till July 29.
The Allahabad High Court had on Friday reserved its judgement on a writ petition filed by Joshi seeking a CBI inquiry into the attack on her Lucknow residence and quashing of the FIR filed against her in Moradabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript