RLD is a taxi which any one can hire: Gadkari
Meerut: Taking a jibe at the Congress-RLD alliance in Uttar Pradesh, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said that the Ajit Singh-led Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) was a "taxi" which any one can hire.
RLD president Ajit Singh is only concerned for his son Jayant and not for the Jats of UP, Gadkari said.
"RLD is an opportunist party, it is like a taxi in which any one can sit and put the meter down," he said, while addressing a public rally in Sivalkhas constituency of the district.
From Sonia Gandhi of the Congress to the Samajwadi Party chief in UP, all are busy projecting their sons as future leaders, Gadkari said, adding that no one was interested in the welfare of the country.
"Sonia Gandhi is concerned about making her son Rahul Prime Minister while Mulayam keeps thinking on how his son Akhilesh becomes the UP Chief Minister," said the BJP chief.
Talking about the separate reservation issue, the BJP chief said, "While Congress has promised nine per cent reservation to Muslims, SP was talking about 18 per cent. Both parties are playing a game of reservation on the basis of religion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'