RLD is a taxi which any one can hire: Gadkari
Meerut: Taking a jibe at the Congress-RLD alliance in Uttar Pradesh, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said that the Ajit Singh-led Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) was a "taxi" which any one can hire.
RLD president Ajit Singh is only concerned for his son Jayant and not for the Jats of UP, Gadkari said.
"RLD is an opportunist party, it is like a taxi in which any one can sit and put the meter down," he said, while addressing a public rally in Sivalkhas constituency of the district.
From Sonia Gandhi of the Congress to the Samajwadi Party chief in UP, all are busy projecting their sons as future leaders, Gadkari said, adding that no one was interested in the welfare of the country.
"Sonia Gandhi is concerned about making her son Rahul Prime Minister while Mulayam keeps thinking on how his son Akhilesh becomes the UP Chief Minister," said the BJP chief.
Talking about the separate reservation issue, the BJP chief said, "While Congress has promised nine per cent reservation to Muslims, SP was talking about 18 per cent. Both parties are playing a game of reservation on the basis of religion," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider