Road mishaps claimed 162 lives in 2009 in Pondy
Puducherry: The Union Territory of Puducherry
recorded 162 fatal road accidents in 2009, with most victims
dying of head injuries, a top police official said.
Senior Superintendent of Police B Srikanth told reporters
here that there were a total of 2000 accidents in 2009, of
which 162 were fatal and around 1220 non fatal.
He said the deaths of vehicle riders was largely due to
riders not using helmets and urged them to do so
Srikanth said fatal road accidents were largely seen on
thoroughfares between Puducherry and Cuddalore, Villupuram and
Chennai on the East Coast Road segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?