Road racing championship on Sept 6
Chennai: Indian riders will strive to make good use of home conditions in the fourth round of the 2009 Petronas Asian Road Racing championship to be held at Irungattukottai, near suburban Sriperumbudur track September 6.
With the permit extended by Federation of International Motorcycle Racing (FIM) an Asian level two wheeler racing is being held after a gap of over 15 years. FIM officials, who inspected the track here, which was refurbished for the occasion, have certified the facilities as "minimum standards", according to official sources.
In all, three events, Supersport 600cc, underbone 115 cc class and Round three of the Honda MRF UAM Asia Cup would be held on Sept 6 and the qualifying events for these categories would be held on Sept 4 and 5.
Amongst the six Indian riders in fray for honours in the Supersport 600 cc bikes, Dilip Roger of Team Blue Arrow Racing has more experience than Red Roosters Preetham Dev Moses and Krishnan Rajini, who have made their debut this season.
It is going to be an one off event for rider turned Tamil film actor Roger, who competed in the 2007 season and finished amongst the top ten riders on overall ranking.
Moses has competed in three rounds this season and gained 15 points (including three failures to finish events) and Ranjini (11 points - four failures).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH