Road racing championship on Sept 6
Chennai: Indian riders will strive to make good use of home conditions in the fourth round of the 2009 Petronas Asian Road Racing championship to be held at Irungattukottai, near suburban Sriperumbudur track September 6.
With the permit extended by Federation of International Motorcycle Racing (FIM) an Asian level two wheeler racing is being held after a gap of over 15 years. FIM officials, who inspected the track here, which was refurbished for the occasion, have certified the facilities as "minimum standards", according to official sources.
In all, three events, Supersport 600cc, underbone 115 cc class and Round three of the Honda MRF UAM Asia Cup would be held on Sept 6 and the qualifying events for these categories would be held on Sept 4 and 5.
Amongst the six Indian riders in fray for honours in the Supersport 600 cc bikes, Dilip Roger of Team Blue Arrow Racing has more experience than Red Roosters Preetham Dev Moses and Krishnan Rajini, who have made their debut this season.
It is going to be an one off event for rider turned Tamil film actor Roger, who competed in the 2007 season and finished amongst the top ten riders on overall ranking.
Moses has competed in three rounds this season and gained 15 points (including three failures to finish events) and Ranjini (11 points - four failures).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam