Robots that can display emotion to entertain you
London: The Wroclaw University of Technology in Poland has developed a robot that can display emotion, thus helping in making human/robot interaction easier.
Emys uses an animated neck, three discs and a set of eyes to express a range of nine different emotional states, from a difficult-to-discern anger to a comical surprise with sadness, disgust, weariness and joy mixed in, among others, reports the Telegraph.
The hope is that expressive robots like Emys would be able to become part of some people’s lives in a way that currently only other humans or possibly pets can.
They aim to provide humans with ‘friendly robots,’ that would accompany them in their daily lives. Such friendly robots might act as care assistants, guides, entertainers or home helps.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'