Robots that can display emotion to entertain you
London: The Wroclaw University of Technology in Poland has developed a robot that can display emotion, thus helping in making human/robot interaction easier.
Emys uses an animated neck, three discs and a set of eyes to express a range of nine different emotional states, from a difficult-to-discern anger to a comical surprise with sadness, disgust, weariness and joy mixed in, among others, reports the Telegraph.
The hope is that expressive robots like Emys would be able to become part of some people’s lives in a way that currently only other humans or possibly pets can.
They aim to provide humans with ‘friendly robots,’ that would accompany them in their daily lives. Such friendly robots might act as care assistants, guides, entertainers or home helps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'