Robots to fabricate fuel for new N reactors
Chennai: Hyderabad-based Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC) under the Department of Atomic Energy, has decided to induct robots in the fuel fabrication procedure for new nuclear power reactors which are huge in size, a top NFC official said.
"We plan to introduce robots in the fuel fabrication activities as the proposed reactors are big in size. Robots will also be needed for precision machining," NFC Senior Manager Meena Ravindran said here today.
Meena, who was speaking at the ongoing Asian Nuclear Prospects 2010 (ANUP 2010), a conference on nuclear power in Asia, said her department was getting ready to fabricate fuels for different kinds of reactors- Light Water Reactors (LWR), Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWR) and Fast Breeder Reactors (FBR).
She said fuel fabrication facilities for imported LWRs would also be set up after discussions with overseas fuel suppliers.
"The imported LWRs are expected to start operating by
2016," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu