Robots to fabricate fuel for new N reactors
Chennai: Hyderabad-based Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC) under the Department of Atomic Energy, has decided to induct robots in the fuel fabrication procedure for new nuclear power reactors which are huge in size, a top NFC official said.
"We plan to introduce robots in the fuel fabrication activities as the proposed reactors are big in size. Robots will also be needed for precision machining," NFC Senior Manager Meena Ravindran said here today.
Meena, who was speaking at the ongoing Asian Nuclear Prospects 2010 (ANUP 2010), a conference on nuclear power in Asia, said her department was getting ready to fabricate fuels for different kinds of reactors- Light Water Reactors (LWR), Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWR) and Fast Breeder Reactors (FBR).
She said fuel fabrication facilities for imported LWRs would also be set up after discussions with overseas fuel suppliers.
"The imported LWRs are expected to start operating by
2016," she said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore