Romario helps father`s favourite team win title
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil striker Romario came out of retirement to play 22 minutes for his late father`s favourite team America-RJ and lift the Rio de Janeiro state second division title on Wednesday.
The 43-year-old Romario, who retired in 2008 and became America`s sporting director this year, came on as a substitute in the second half of America`s 2-0 win over Artsul.
The former Barcelona striker was unable to improve on his career goals tally, which he has claimed to be over 1000, but he did a lap of honour with the trophy.
"I had the chance to play in several teams, I wore the most important shirt in the football universe which is that of the Brazil national team, but today this is a very different emotion to all those," he told reporters on the edge of the pitch before his appearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued