Romario helps father`s favourite team win title
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil striker Romario came out of retirement to play 22 minutes for his late father`s favourite team America-RJ and lift the Rio de Janeiro state second division title on Wednesday.
The 43-year-old Romario, who retired in 2008 and became America`s sporting director this year, came on as a substitute in the second half of America`s 2-0 win over Artsul.
The former Barcelona striker was unable to improve on his career goals tally, which he has claimed to be over 1000, but he did a lap of honour with the trophy.
"I had the chance to play in several teams, I wore the most important shirt in the football universe which is that of the Brazil national team, but today this is a very different emotion to all those," he told reporters on the edge of the pitch before his appearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem