Romario helps father`s favourite team win title
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil striker Romario came out of retirement to play 22 minutes for his late father`s favourite team America-RJ and lift the Rio de Janeiro state second division title on Wednesday.
The 43-year-old Romario, who retired in 2008 and became America`s sporting director this year, came on as a substitute in the second half of America`s 2-0 win over Artsul.
The former Barcelona striker was unable to improve on his career goals tally, which he has claimed to be over 1000, but he did a lap of honour with the trophy.
"I had the chance to play in several teams, I wore the most important shirt in the football universe which is that of the Brazil national team, but today this is a very different emotion to all those," he told reporters on the edge of the pitch before his appearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students