Romario helps father`s favourite team win title
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazil striker Romario came out of retirement to play 22 minutes for his late father`s favourite team America-RJ and lift the Rio de Janeiro state second division title on Wednesday.
The 43-year-old Romario, who retired in 2008 and became America`s sporting director this year, came on as a substitute in the second half of America`s 2-0 win over Artsul.
The former Barcelona striker was unable to improve on his career goals tally, which he has claimed to be over 1000, but he did a lap of honour with the trophy.
"I had the chance to play in several teams, I wore the most important shirt in the football universe which is that of the Brazil national team, but today this is a very different emotion to all those," he told reporters on the edge of the pitch before his appearance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review