Ronaldo plans to stay at Real Madrid to win CL
London: Cristiano Ronaldo, who wishes to return to England and the Premier League, is not leaving Spain yet as he is determined to achieve his current sporting goal to win the Champions League with Real Madrid.
Ronaldo, who left Manchester United for Madrid in an 80 million pound transfer two years ago, was flattered by Manchester City’s overtures to him earlier in the summer.
Ronaldo said: “I think if I went from Spain it would be to the Premier League – but not now. First we have to win the Champions League. If I went back to the ¬Premier League it would have to be with a club in the North West. I don’t like London.”
A newspaper had reported last month how Ronaldo was being wooed by relatives of the super-rich Abu Dhabi owners of Manchester City, with claims that the Sky Blues would pay him 350,000 pound a week to join them.
There was no suggestion that the club had made a direct approach but that a third party connected to Sheik Mansour had sounded out the player.
Ronaldo said: “It’s flattering to be offered like £20m a year – it’s very good, but I spoke to my agent and I think it’s better to stay in ¬Madrid because this year we’re going to be the best.
“This ¬season we are going to be a big force. Jose Mourhino is staying at Madrid so I stay. If he went to Chelsea then I would have left. I would have gone to Manchester City. But now he’s staying, I’m ¬staying.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says