Rooney excited over dawning of new era at Man U
London: Ace striker Wayne Rooney is excited over the dawning of a new era at Manchester United this summer.
United is all set to fly to America on Monday for a three-week pre-season tour of Boston, Seattle, Chicago, New York and Washington.
With Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Edwin van der Sar retiring, and Wes Brown and John O’Shea having joined Sunderland, Sir Alex Ferguson has overseen a significant overhaul of his squad, a daily reports.
In have come keeper David De Gea, defender Phil Jones and midfielder Ashley Young, with Ferguson looking to add Arsenal’s Samir Nasri or Inter Milan’s Wesley Sneijder.
“It’s obviously sad to lose all those players from the dressing room. On the other hand, it’s exciting having new players coming in. You want to see how the new players get on in training and in games so it’s certainly exciting as well,” said Rooney.
“Brown and O’Shea are ambitious footballers and want to play every week, so I understand why they have left but I’m sad to lose them as players and friends as well.
“It’s certainly going to be a loss for us but they’ll be excited to start a new life at Sunderland,” Rooney added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore