Rs 100 cr science city project to come up in Kottayam
Kottayam: A Rs 100 crore Science City project, to be jointly set up by the Centre and Kerala governments, would come up in Kottayam district of Kerala.
The project would have state-of-the-art science,technology, knowledge, research and entertainment facilities available in developed countries, local MP Jose K Mani said in a statement here on Sunday.
The project would be implemented in two phases. The first phase includes setting up of a regional science centre incorporating biotechnology gallery, nanotechnology gallery and popular science gallery by making use of latest technologies in animation, graphics, multimedia and interactivity. It will also have a planetarium, he added.
A central team from the National Council for Science Museum, led by its director K G Kumar visited two sites at Kozha and Kaduthuruthy in the district yesterday.
The project, fourth of its kind in the country, after Kolkata, Jalandhar and Ahmedabad, is expected to attract two million visitors a year, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police